Cal-Neva Winter Wonderland Adventures:
Legal Bordello Directory. Only In Nevada!!
Skiers' View of Lake Tahoe at Incline's Diamond Peak
Diamond Peak Snow Boarder................ Heavenly Ski Resort Cable Car.
California-Nevada Winter Wonderland Activities Index
Everybody Ski's at Tahoe Basin !!
.......................Heavenly's Lake View at Tahoe.
If you Zoom the Pictures, you must use the ( <= )Back Arrow, of your Browser (Netscape does it.), to Return!(It is over 200 Kilobytes to load. Please be Patient.)
- Full Moon Tour & Party- Jani. Cross-country tour hosted by the ski staff. Kirkwood, south of Lake Tahoe, (209) 258-7248;
- Celebrity Sports Challenge- Jan. 8-10, Entertainers race head-to-head for charity. Resort at Squaw Creek, Squaw Valley, (530) 583-6300;
- Far West Master's Race - Jan. 9-20, Open to skiers 35 and older who are registered as masters
racers, Kirkwood, south of lake Tahoe, (530) 386-7551;
- Wendy's Relays Dual Slalom - Jan. 16, Former Olympic and World Cup champions compete on a relay-style diual slalom. Heavenly, Lake Tahoe, (530) 586-7000;
- FreeStyle World Cup - Jan.22 - 24, Heavenly, Lake Tahoe, (530) 586-7000;
- Tahoe Snowboard Series Boardercross - Jan. 24, Head-to-head competition on the "show-off" run in front of the main lodge; Mount Rose Ski Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, (775) 849-0704;
- Resolution Solution 20K Race/Tour - Jan.24, Cross-country ski race and tour on forested trails; Lakeview Cross-Country Ski Area, Tahoe City, (530) 583-9353;
- FOX Freeride World Championships - Jan 28 - 31, Mlae and femaile snowboarders compete in freestyle and aggressive snowboatrding; Sierra at Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, (530) 659-7453;
- Tahoe Snowboard Series - Jan.30, Amateur snowboarders compete, Kirkwood, south of lake Tahoe, (530) 323-8883;
- The USASA Slope-Style & Grand Slalom Snowboard Competition, January 31, Recreational competition open to the public; Kirkwood, south of lake Tahoe, (530) 577-4700;
- Lakeview Quick Kick - Feb6, 10K race / tour on marked and groomed trails, Lakeview Cross-Country Ski Area, Tahoe City, (530) 583-9353;
- USASA Snowboard Series - Feb. 6 - 7, Half-pipe competition and slalom snowboarding; Sugar Bowl, Lake Tahoe, (530) 426-6721;
- Wolrd Pro Ski Tour - Feb. 12 - 14, Men and womenm pro skiers in a dual race format; Squaw Valley, USA, Lake Tahoe, (530) 583-6985;
- Wild, Wild Hot Dog Tour, Feb 28-March 1, Mogul competition and barbecue. Sierra-at-Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, 530-659-7453.
- King of the Mountain, March 1, Downhill race teams from around the world. Squaw Valley, USA, Lake Tahoe, (530) 583-6985.
- The Great Ski Race, March 7, 30 K cross country race from Tahoe City to Truckee. Lake
- International Firefighters' Winter Games, March 3-4; Slalom events, Heavenly, Lake Tahoe, 586-7000.
- Lake Tahoe Winter Games, March 5 - 9, Diamond Peak, Lake Tahoe, 832-1177.
- Celebrity Winterfest '99;March 6, Celebrities and corporate athletes team up for ski and snowboard events benefitting Special Olympics. Kirkwood, south of Lake Tahoe, (800) 770-9401.
- Guided Snowshoe Tour, March 7, Royal Gorge Cross-Country Ski Area, Lake Tahoe, 530-426-3871.
- Dannon Winterfest, March 8, Family day with contests and carnival booths, Heavenly, Lake Tahoe, 586-7000.
- All Mountain Extreme Competition, March 9-14, Free-skiers and snowboarders from North America compete. Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe, 530-583-6985.
- Snowshoe Thompson Family Tour, March 10, Geared for the beginning and intermediate skiers; Hope Valley Cross-Country Ski Area, south of Lake Tahoe, 800-423-9949.
- Cross-Country Ski Marathon, March 14, Fund raiser for the Tahoe Rim Trail Assoc. Spooner Lake Ski Area, Lake Tahoe, 588-0686.
- Jimmie Huega Marathon, March 14-15, Team ski races to benefit the Jimmie Huega Center for Multiple Schlerosis Research, Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe, 530-583-6985.
- Kids Snowboard Jam, March 15, Ride with the Pros. Morthstar-at-Tahoe, 530-562-3555.
- North American Freeride Championships, March 15-19, Extreme skiers and riders qualify for the World Cup of Extreme Skiing. Kirkwood, south of Lake Tahoe, (209) 234-2002;
- St. Patrick's Day Race, March 17, Dress in green for races and live music, Northstar-at-Tahoe, 530-562-3555.
- Stomp It out: Snowshoe Festival, March 19-21, 1.5K and 3K snowshoe race open to all levels; Northstar-at-Tahoe, Truckee, (530) 562-1010;
- Sprint Bumps and Jumps Challenge Finals, March 20-21, Pro mogul and aerial competitions, Heavenly, Lake Tahoe, 586-7000.
- Gold Nuggets Kids' Race, March 20, Obstacle course of bridges, tunnels, humps, and bumps with a hot chaocolate social. Royal Gorge Cross-Country Ski Area, Lake Tahoe, 530-426-3871.
- Echo to Kirkwood Tour/Race, March 21, 14 mile course over the Sierra crest. Kirkwood Cross-Country, south of Lake Tahoe, 209-258-7248.
- Gourmet XC Ski Tour, March 22, 10 K cross-country ski tour followed by a gourmet lunch in the forest. Northstar-at-Tahoe, 530-562-2475.
- Jammin' VI, March 27-April 4, Spring Break Party that includes pond skimming, jump contests, music, and food; Kirkwood, south of Lake Tahoe, (209) 258-7388;
- Far West Master's Giant Slalom, April 10-11, Open to the public; Sugar Bowl, Lake Tahoe, (530) 426-9000;
- Days of Spring Celebration, Pond skimming, fun races, music; Northstar-at-Tahoe, Treuckee, (530) 562-1010;
- FWSA Championships, A[pril 3-4: Giant slalom and slalom competition, Squaw Valley, (530) 581-7270;
- Skiercross wolrd Championship, April 8-9: Four racers compete simultaneously on a course with gates, banks, and table top jumps, Squaw Valley, (530) 583-6985'
- Ski-Sail Regatta, April 15: Competitors race on the waters of Lake Tahoe and on the slopes of Squaw Valley, (530) 525-SAIL;
- Kirkwood Jammin', April 15-23: Spring ski and snowboard party featuring music, food, and contests; Kirkwiood Ski Resort, (209) 258-6000;
- Spring Jam III, April 22-23: Big air, skiercross, and boatrdercross competition, music and prizes; (530) 583-6985;
Click here for the THREE latest Ski Resort Updates to above schedules.
- One - Two - Three
Courtesy of the Reno-Gazette and The Nevada Magazine.
New 1998-99 Ski Map for the entire Reno-Tahoe Recreational Area
Downhill & Cross-Country Resort Price Schedules & More Winter Scenes at Lake Tahoe.Click Here
Return to Previous Page.
Cal-Neva.Com SERVICES / Omni Design, Sparks, NV 89431